Friday 9 December 2016

Counting down to Christmas! - 9.12.16

In Maths we have been measuring length. We have been learning to use rulers to measure accurately in cm. We enjoyed following instructions to measure card and create a Christmas tree picture. We have also been learning to measure time. Please continue to practise this at home.


In Creative writing, we read the beginning of a Christmas story  called 'Coming Home'. We then created our own stories about the journey that the robin took to get home and what adventures he had along the way.


We have enjoyed doing Christmas activities in the afternoons this week. We have been busy creating Christmas hats to wear next week as well as making Christmas cards.


Well done to Jamie who won the star award this week for celebrating other's achievements.
Erin has taken Night home as she challenged herself in her Creative Writing today.


REMINDER:
Please practise your lines and songs for our Christmas sharing assembly. We start our rehearsals next week.

It is Christmas jumper day next Friday.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed measuring lengths in maths. I liked using the ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed measuring lengths in maths. I liked using the rulers. Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked measuring length in Maths in School.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being a nice teacher Miss Forester.
    By Delilah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed decorating my Christmas tree at home. I have enjoyed doing dance at school and am looking forward to the sharing assembly. I have been practising my lines! JJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed creative writing and having Night our learning owl. Art, creative writing and English are my favourite subjects. I wish every one a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete